Many studies have demonstrated that faith and spirituality play an integral role in the recovery process. Those who participate in spiritual practices and faith-based character development, as well as those who have strong social supports, not only have better recovery rates, but they also have a greater quality of life. The Christian programs for troubled youth at Lakeside Academy begin here but carry on well after departure. Here are a couple of examples of those studies if you would like more information:
How Faith is Integrated into Our Programs
Faith is inextricably woven into the fabric of our Christian troubled youth programs and services. We believe in the integration of evidence-based psychological practices that are supported by scripture. Safe People and Boundaries are examples of frequent teen challenge curriculum that integrate both aspects. Additionally, our group meetings, devotions, and individual practices allow each participant to chart their personal course along the path of self-discovery as we realize that recovery and character growth are individual processes with their own distinct timelines.
Statement of Faith
At Lakeside Academy, our programs and services rest on a foundation of faith. As a Christian organization, it is from this foundation that everything flows. Thus, our Christian programs for troubled youth are rooted in scripture. Specifically, we identify, recognize, acknowledge, and adhere to a specific set of core beliefs, shaping everything we do.
- here is only one God, revealed in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 8:6, Isaiah 44:6, John 10:30, Matthew 3:16-17, Ephesians 4:4-6,1 John 5:7-8)
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His atoning death, His resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His ultimate return to this earth (Matt 1:18-23, 16:16; 29:6-7; Heb. 4:4; Luke 1:26-27; 8:22-25; John 2:11; 14:13; Is. 53:7; I John 2:1-2; I Cor. 15:3; Eph. 4:8-10; Rom. 8:34, and Rev. 1:7)
- The only means of salvation is through repentance of sin and the acceptance of Jesus’ free gift of grace through His atoning death and resurrection, which is the only thing that justifies us and reconciles us with God the Father (John 3:16, Rom. 10:9-10; Ephesians 2:8)
- Water baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s free gift of salvation and grace (1 Peter 3:21, Acts 2:38-41, Acts 22:16, John 1:33, Luke 3:16, Mark 1:4, Matthew 3:16, Matthew 28:1, Luke 3:21-22, Acts 16:33, Ephesians 4:4-6)
- A final judgment will occur where Jesus will determine the eternity of each individual, either to a literal heaven or hell ((Matthew 25:46, 1 Corinthians 5:10, 1 Peter, 2:4, Acts 17:31, Ecclesiastes 12:14, Hebrews 9:27, John 12:48, Matthew 12:36, Psalm 96:13, Revelation 20:11-15)
At Lakeside Academy, we understand that people arrive in a variety of spiritual conditions and beliefs. Our Christian troubled youth programs welcome any and all participants, no matter your current belief system.
We know that you love your son and that this is a challenging time for your family. Lakeside Academy is emphatic about cultivating your son’s recovery, character growth, and healthy behaviors. We have counseled numerous teens throughout the years, and we are seasoned experts. We care about your child, and we will act as your partner and on your behalf to support them to break through the hurts, hang-ups, and habits to which they are currently bound.
Contact Lakeside Academy
Photo Credit: Shutterstock/REDPIXEL.PL