WHO WE ARE
Lakeside Academy is a Christian Behavior and Recovery Center for boys aged 13-18 years, who are heading down the wrong path due to substance use, anger management, and other behavioral issues. Set on 48 acres in Buffalo, MN Lakeside Academy offers licensed chemical dependency treatment, mental health and other counseling services, and onsite education including conventional, online, and project based learning — all in a camp environment.
Our program integrates opportunities to learn and grow in faith into everything we do. From our adventure activities, to our focus on excellence in academics we seek to foster our students’ understanding of themselves, God, and others.
OUR THREE PROMISES TO PARENTS
- Your child will be valued and respected by our staff, treated with the same care and understanding with which we treat our own family.
- Your child’s spiritual well-being is our top priority; he will consistently be surrounded with Christian principles and teachings.
- We will work with your son to help teach him appreciation, gratitude, responsibility, submission to authority, self-control, leadership, time-management, and a strong work ethic.
- Services include:
- Behavioral rehabilitation – 6-12 month program, broken up into 4 phases
- Licensed residential chemical dependency treatment – length of services based on assessment
- Long-term recovery program- up to 12 months in our Christian Behavior and Recovery Program
- Mental health services, based on assessed need, including co-occurring disorders
- Lakeside Academy is part of the local Southwest Metro school district (Intermediate School District 288)
- On-site classes 5 days/week, normal school breaks for MEA, Thanksgiving, Christmas Holidays and Spring break
- Two licensed teachers on-site; program administrator on-site 2 days/week
- Education for each student is individualized, based on his abilities and personal learning plan or IEP
- Mixed learning environment: conventional, online, and project-based
- Licensed by the Department of Health & Human Services as a Rule 2960 children’s residential treatment facility
- Accept public placements through host county contract i.e. correctional, needing CD treatment
- Insurance accepted by most providers for certain treatment and mental health services; may be out of network for some