WHO WE ARE
Lakeside Academy is a faith-based residential treatment center for boys aged 13-18 years, who are heading down the wrong path due to substance use, anger management, and other behavioral issues. Set on 48 acres in Buffalo, MN Lakeside Academy offers licensed chemical dependency treatment, mental health and other counseling services, and onsite education including conventional, online, and project based learning- all in a camp environment.
The program at Lakeside integrates opportunities to learn and grow in faith into everything we do. From our adventure activities, to our focus on excellence in academics we seek to foster our students’ understanding of themselves, God and others.
OUR THREE PROMISES TO PARENTS
- Your child will be valued and respected by our staff, treated with the same care and understanding that we treat our own children with.
- Your child’s spiritual well-being is our top priority. Your child will constantly be confronted with clear Christian teaching.
- We will make it a priority to give your child the tools; strong character, education and work ethic that will help them to become productive members of your family and lay the groundwork for future success.
- Capacity: 60 beds
- Licensed by the DHS as a rule 2960 children’s residential treatment facility
- Services include:
- Licensed residential chemical dependency treatment: 30-90 days
- Long-term recovery program- up to 12 months, faith-based residential
- Mental health services, based on medical need, including co-occurring disorders
- Lakeside Academy is part of the local Southwest Metro school district (Intermediate School District 288)
- On-site classes 5 days/week, normal school breaks for MEA, Thanksgiving, Christmas Holidays and spring break
- Two licensed teachers on-site, and a program administrator on-site 2 days/week
- Education for each student is paced according to student’s abilities and his personal learning plan
- Mixed learning environment: conventional, online, and project-based
- Accepts public placements through host county contract i.e. correctional, needing CD treatment
- Insurance accepted by November 1, out of network insurance currently accepted
- Blue Cross Blue Shield, Health Partners, Medica, Preferred One