COVID-19 Update – Continued Measures to Combat Coronavirus at Lakeside Academy – June 11, 2020
At Mn Adult & Teen Challenge, we care deeply about our community and the health and well-being of our clients. We continue to closely monitor developments associated with COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, and to take all necessary steps to ensure the ongoing well-being of our clients, staff, and any visitors to our facilities. We are still admitting new clients in need of treatment, with necessary protocols and quarantine plans in place throughout our campuses.
To safeguard the health of all involved, we have been following guidelines and recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Minnesota Department of Health. Based on these guidelines the following safety measures are currently in place at our Lakeside Academy facility:
- Screening: Daily health screening of all clients and staff.
- Sanitation and cleaning practices: We have posted information about hand-washing, and provided each facility with CDC-approved cleaning and sanitation products.
- Masks and social distancing: Staff must wear masks at all times when in client buildings. Any guests must also wear masks.
- Visitations: Visitations for family members are being allowed on an appointment-only basis in designated areas.
- Telehealth services: All chemical dependency assessments have been shifted to a telehealth platform so that anyone in need of chemical dependency treatment can be assessed from the comfort of their home.
- External appointments: External client appointments for medical, legal, and other needs are being addressed on a case by case basis per our policies
- New clients: We are accepting new clients on an appointment basis. New clients are screened for symptoms to ensure they are healthy at the time of admission. New clients are also isolated for the first 72 hours as an added precaution.
- External activities: External group activities for all clients are taking place only if social distancing protocols may be fulfilled.
- Medical staff: Medical personnel are on site at all building for ongoing daily monitoring of the health of our client community.
- Communication: We have established communication processes to keep all staff members informed of changing conditions and requirements.
- Diligence: We continue to comprehensively assess all practices and operations to ensure that our control plan is sound and continues to be in compliance with healthcare guidelines.
We will continue to review all updates from our local health authorities as well as from the WHO and CDC. We will also continue to assess our infection control and prevention procedures to ensure that they are effective and consistent with the best practices as established by these organizations. For more information contact COVID19@mntc.org.